Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wicked Wednesday #10 - Christmas or Winter Holiday

Hello friends, it's Wednesday again!  I know how busy this time of year can be, and I wanted to let you all know how very much I appreciate you taking the time to enter our weekly challenge.  For me, ATC's seem to be easier to make - less pressure for "perfection" and less space to fill!  LOL  One thing I do to make it quicker and easier on myself is to cut down scraps of cardstock into ATC-sized pieces, and keep them all in a Ziploc baggie on my craft table.  I also have another bag full of tiny scraps of Designer Paper/Patterned Paper, which work out perfectly for ATC's.  This way, I don't have to waste my precious crafting time cutting cardstock and DP!  :)

On to business!  I let Random.org choose our winner from last week (prize is the adorable Maddie from Saturated Canary) and that winner is:
 Congratulations jo! Please shoot me an e-mail to JennBorj@yahoo.com with "WW Winter Fun ATC Winner" in the subject line and I'll send your name and e-mail address along to Krista at Saturated Canary, so she can send your digi image to you!

Our top 3 this week are:

1.) Mary
2.) Joanne
4.)  Tracey W.

Congratulations!  Please send an e-mail to JennBorj@yahoo.com with "WW Winter Fun ATC Top 3" in the subject line, and I'll send you along your Top 3 badge (unless you already have it)! 

Now on to the new challenge for this week!  Our new challenge theme is:

Christmas (or Winter Holiday if you don't celebrate Christmas)
 This week's sponsor is the fabulous:
Jehanne, owner and illustrator of the Just Some Lines images, very generously gave us 2 images to play with this week, and the winner will get to pick one of these images as the prize for the week:


Christmas Bird

And here's what the DT and myself have created to hopefully inspire you to play along!

My first ATC uses Christmas Bird, colored with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.  Checkered DP is digi paper from Free Digital Scrapbooking.  I used Emerald Smooch Spritz with a paint brush for the tree, and then sprayed the entire thing with Log Cabin and Gold Glow Smooch Spritzes.  I added red pearl stickers and a rub-on sentiment from Stampin' Up!:

My next ATC uses Mistletoe Fairy, this one is a bit simpler.  She's colored with Prismacolor markers, DP is from My Mind's Eye, and I added a button from my stash:

Sharon's Mistletoe Fairy is colored in a beautiful deep red, and I love the texture of the white fluff on her cap and the addition of the cute little fairy wand:

Chelsea's Christmas Bird is a cute little bluebird, I love how she focused on the bird by fussy-cutting him out of the scene :
Come back on Saturday for some additional inspiration from us!  Remember to check the rules and guidelines before submitting and link up your Christmas/Winter Holiday ATC below by next Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. EST.  Thanks again for your continued participation and encouraging comments.  We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your interpretation of our challenges every week.  Peace.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners from last week. My, my what cute samples this week DT.Happy Holidays All!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Aren't these adorable. I so want to play along. Great idea about cutting paper for ATC's and having it ready. Gotta try that. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that robin despite thinking it was a grumpy head onder a hat. LOL
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So chuffed to win...thank you! Congrats to top 3 as well. Got my digi image prize today,too........and it's gorgeous!
    Thanks Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win Jo!
    Thanks for the tip Jenn :)It will definitely help me with time management. Awesome stuff from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge have just linked mine in under the wire again...but I made it!

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete